This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Future- the great mystery


I have serious issues when it comes to making decisions. In fact, I have even more anxiety when it comes to making life decisions. I'm not really sure why I find this process so intense. Perhaps it's because I'm not entirely ready to plan out my life. Not here, not now. I love living in Kenya and can't really imagine doing life anywhere else right now, but I know I need to start thinking about the future and about what God has next for my life. So here begins the thinking, planning and praying process. I would love it if you guys could be praying with me- praying that God would bring wisdom and discernment as I begin to consider what lies ahead. All I know is, that in whatever I do and wherever I do it, I want to glorify God. The Lord has been showing me that His will for my life isn't complex; in fact, it's quite simple. His will for my life is to bring Him glory. Everything I do- the place I live, the job I work, the relationships I develop and the things I do- should all be intended to bring Him glory. I don't need to constantly worry about the complexities of life because really it's all very simple: love and glorify God, and let that be the purpose behind all the things that I do- including the way I live my life and love other people. As I'm thinking and praying about what God has in store for me after being in Kenya, I'm trying to let that be at the front of my mind. Thank you for praying with me and for me. I am so appreciative for all of the love and support you continue to show. It's always encouraging to hear from you. Thanks for each message, comment, email and skype session that lets me know you are thinking about me- it means more than you know. Hugs and kisses to all of you! 

1 comment: