This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bike Ride Anyone?

This year, I will be participating in an exciting activity - the BP MS 150!

The MS 150 bike ride is a unique way to raise money and awareness for multiple sclerosis. In July, our family friend was diagnosed with MS and for this reason I have decided to participate in this 150 bike ride from Houston to Austin. Although I am not an avid bike rider, I am excited about this opportunity to raise awareness and funds to help counter the affects MS is having on those around me. I am asking you to support me in this effort by making a donation to the National MS Society.

Every donation, whether large or small, will make a difference!  Thank you so much for partnering with me and please understand my heartfelt appreciation for any support you can give in this journey to fight against MS.

Here is some additional information about MS: Multiple sclerosis is a progressive neurological disease that affects people in many different ways. It could be paralysis one day, loss of vision the next or impaired memory the day after that. Living with MS means living with uncertainty.

When it comes to MS, only two things are certain: 
·      Another American is newly diagnosed with MS every hour of every day. 
·      Many people are joining the movement toward a world free of MS, including me.

Why I Ride: I've registered for BP MS 150 to fulfill a personal challenge, and to help the National MS Society fund research, advocate for change, and help people with MS and their families lead powerful lives. I believe in the work they do and want to be an active part of it. I know I can count on your help.

Let's Move Forward Together: The Society organizes 100 rides nationwide. The funds they raise fuel research aimed at treating and eventually curing MS; they also provide crucial services for persons living with MS.

I'm helping the National MS Society move forward toward a world without MS and making a difference in the lives of 400,000 Americans with multiple sclerosis.

I would love for you to join me in this endeavor! Click here to see more.

     Lots of love,
     Jenny Butler

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4: 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment