This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Friday, August 26, 2011

Peace of Mind and Heart

Months ago, I wrote a blog post about the comfort I find when I remember that Jesus has already overcome the world.

This morning I was reminded that there is abounding peace to be found Christ. It's amazing how much time and energy I expend just trying to make sense of and control the situations around me.

When will I understand that peace isn't found by being in control? Peace is found in trusting Him. It's found in trustfully letting go of the oppresive burdens I let consume me.

God's word says that the righteous will live by faith (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17). That's my challenge for myself today: to live by faith and not by control. Each day I have to remind myself to release the death grip I find myself maintaining as I attempt to control my life.

It's beautiful to experience the peace that comes through knowing Jesus Christ and knowing that He is in control. There is peace in realizing that He does not make mistakes and that He does not fail- both things I've proven capable of doing quite well. I'm beginnnig to learn that the more I trust Him and rest in His presence, the more full my life becomes. Thank you, Lord, for granting me the divine gift of peace.


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. The peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment