This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sharing today, sharing tomorrow?


I'm still not convinced that people actually like reading my thoughts, but I've gotten enough questioning about my lack of blogging that I've decided to improve- or at least attempt to improve.

It might not be much, it might be something sort and simple and written by someone else, but in the end I think it's worth sharing. So here's to my improved blogging efforts:


The Power of a Whisper

“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind.  After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake, came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire.  And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, ‘What are you doing here, Elijah?’” 
 
1 Kings 19:11-13




This passage reminds me to listen and look for God in every situation. He is a part of every moment and he seeks to speak to me, if only I would be aware of his presence. It's easy for me to seek and find God's communication with me during big events in my life. I look for billboards and moments that make me say, "Duh, that's got to be God"; instead, I need to be listening and looking for God's presence everyday and in everything- even the gentle whispers. I pray that I can recognize God's voice when it's both obvious and suttle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment