This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Don't cry, please don't cry

It's my last week here in Kitale and I am trying with all my might not to shed a tear. Not yet at least.

I can't explain the turmoil my heart is feeling at this point in time. I'm trying not to let myself be overwhelmed, but  I can't deny the fact that I am. While I'm excited to be reunited with my family, I'm not ready to leave this home and the family and friends I have developed here. I will miss my Kitale family and all the beautiful relationships that have been built over the last 5 months.

Tears will be shed. Lots of tears. I'm just hoping I can hold them for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment