This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oasis- Texas!

This week my mom, sister and I are heading out to the Texas hill country to enjoy a few days together! Tonight we spent the evening watching the sun set over beautiful Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. A stunning picture of God's perfection. We ate dinner at a restaurant called Oasis and I tried to pretend I was back at Oasis of Hope in Kitale, Kenya. Sadly, my imagination wasn't quite able to take me from this continent to the other. Oh, and yesterday I ordered a smoothie simply because it was named Oasis. Does anybody else think I'm going through withdrawal?



beautiful sunset over Lake Travis

mom and sister wearing the Kenyan skirts I hand sewed for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment