This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Friday, February 11, 2011

An adventure into the unknown!


I’ve always really liked new experiences.  For those of you who know me well, you know that I am rarely systematic about anything I do.  I don’t have a shower routine that I adhere to, I’m not convinced I should have to sleep on the same side of the bed every night and I’ve never cared which direction the toilet paper falls.  Call me crazy, but none of this really matters to me.  I just live—and whatever manner or order my daily activities occur in doesn’t seem to affect me.  I say this to give you a sense of the mindset I’m taking with me as I head to Kenya.  So here I go.  I’m embarking on a journey that I know little about and where things are bound to be unsystematic. Is it weird that I’m excited about this?

Here’s what I do know:
·      I want to help people and tell them about Jesus
·      I have never been to Africa
·      Oasis of Hope works with children and I love working with children
·      I have a ticket to Zambia at the beginning of May, Damascus in mid-June and the United States June 30th

Here’s what I think I know:
·      A man named Stonic will be picking me up in Nairobi, driving me to where I will spend the night and taking me to the airport the next day to catch my flight to Kitale
·      Peter will be picking me up form the Kitale airstrip
·      I will be living at Steve’s compound
*I have Sam Glass to thank for helping me with all these knowns!

Here’s what I don’t know:
·      What God will do during this time
·      Who my community will be
·      What I will be doing to help out
·      How I will manage to cook (with Kenyan food supplies) for myself
·      What my daily life will entail

This, on the other hand, I am certain of— God has shown me that this journey to Kitale is his desire for how I am to serve him next, and I am SOOO excited to take this journey with him! 

I'm ready for a lot of unknowns so let the adventure in Kitale begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment