This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not
that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good morning from Kitale

It's a beautiful Saturday morning in Kitale.  70 degrees and sunny to be exact.  We said farewell to the high school team this morning at 6:30 then helped start the house cleaning process and the girls moved into what will be our room for the months to come.  Unfortunately Jade and I attempted to make instant coffee with coffee grounds that one of the high school team members left for us.  Coffee here (and in many other places outside of the States) is typically instant coffee and simply requires boiling water and Nescafe.  Today we learned that this method does NOT work with actual coffee grounds! Luckily we found a coffee pot in the house and managed to boil tap water to use in it. This time the french vanilla coffee turned out delicious! Mine was especially delicious because I unintentionally sent a sugar chunk the size of a golf ball hurling into my cup--YUMMM!


While the boys are off at the men's prison (no females allowed at this facility), the girls are enjoying a sabbath.  Jade and Michelle have been going non stop since they arrived in January and I am thankful to have a day to slow down and get adjusted.  I've caught up on some journaling and much needed Jesus time.  I just can't believe I'm in Africa!  Seriously, you can ask the others how many times I've said that to them and myself.


I thought I'd share a verse I enjoyed meditating on today-- Lamentations 3: 21-25

21 But this I call to mind,
   and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
   his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
   "therefore I will hope in him."
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
   to the one who seeks him.


Praise the Lord for the hope we have in him and that when we seek him he is more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment